Chapter 2 covered lots of material, I was especially interested in Technology Integration Planning (TIP). TIP is a helpful way to integrating technology into the classroom. I like how it has 5 phases. Many times technology is a bit overwhelming for me so implementimg in steps would be very helpful. In the 1st phase teachers should look at their problems and try to find technology-based solutions. This is called relative advantage. I found this very pleasing because it motivates me to know their is a solution to every problem even if it doesn't seem like one. The 2nd phase focuses on objectives and assessments. This phase would help me plan properly and set goals for my lessons. In the 3rd phase one should decide on ways to integrate technology. This phase helps me decide what my student's need and how to help them. Phase 4 makes sure that the proper set up for technology integration is available in the classroom. This phase helps me to make sure that I have set up the proper learning environment in my classroom. In phase 5 one should collect data and find things that they can improve on. This phase is great for helping me reflect on the positive and negatives of my plan.
Overall, I think TIP is a great strategy for teachers in the classroom. I think it would be very helpful for new teachers and a great advantage to veterans in the profession.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment