Sunday, January 20, 2008

Access to technology

Hello Tiffani - I am thinking about your comments regarding children who are not exposed to technology for lack of resources in some schools, and who, maybe because of that, do not think of careers in technology. I think, as technology advances are moving very fast, most active members of society will have a hard succeeding without embracing some level of technology. Although we may not need to be experts like those in the technology field (those who built the tools that allow us to blog for example), we all need a good level of literacy in technology to function in today's society - that is why it is disturbing to see that some schools are well equipped while others are not - possibly creating a greater divide. I am almost thinking that schools should provide laptops for kids to use at home for the entire school year when there is no computer in the home; maybe this measure could prevent the gap from increasing? What do you think?-Fran

No comments: