Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Chapter 6-Video Production and Editing Systems

I really enjoyed the section on integrating video production and editing systems. Computer-based video and editing systems have become daily based necessities over the last few years. Students and teachers are using them for various things such as school news and video production skills. My school has allocated several funds over the past 2 years to computer based video and editing systems and I've been to several schools that already have things in place as essential communication tools. Chapter 6 offers many ways to integrate video production and editing systems into a school or classroom. Below I have discussed the ones that I found related to me the most.


  • Demonstration and procedures-It suggests using short clips for repeated activities such as science experiments. Teachers can film theselves or others. I could see this being very beneficial to teachers because they could use the same video clips from year to year, or re-record themselves over as a new experience each year.

  • Student-created presentations-Student-created presentations are a great way for students to document their research during a project or investigation. While you are integrating it into your classroom the students are integrating it into their lives.

  • Video lectures-It suggest that teachers make videos of themselves or others introducing important information. It explains how this could be helpful for students who miss the original presentation. I had never thought of using video lectures for this purpose before but now I find that very useful. I've had lots of students out sick for the last two weeks, maybe if I had recorded some of my lessons I wouldn't be continuing to repeat myself. :0)

No comments: